Copywriting always needs to fit with the brand and person you are trying to connect with. Content should persuade and strike a chord with your customers. Often you are limited to a set space for an advert or website, so it’s vital that can capture what your reader wants to read in just a few words.
Here’s our top 10 copywriting tips.
1. One-to-One – write with a real person in mind so you can set the right tone and in a conversational style.
2. Make it personal – do try and make your emails and websites personalised for readers and visitors, for example recommending similar product to their interests.
3. Set clear objectives – decide if you are telling them about a new product or if you want the reader to visit a page or request a quote.
4. Captivating design – with images and backgrounds can influence readability and add impact to the words.
5. Be specific – try not to write about big topics, instead tackle niche subjects with clever headlines to attract like-minded readers.
6. Tricky subjects – can be attention grabbing, consider writing about difficult subjects that taps into what many are already thinking.
7. Offer useful answers – to popular questions, by sharing your knowledge unconditionally engages your readers and can build loyalty and trust.
8. Word limits – write content that is tight, concise and clear.
9. Make time – give yourself enough time to meet your deadline.
10. Modify to criticism – feedback will take the form of corrections and suggestions for improvement, it’s all good for a better final outcome.
Overall, be aware of making changes for the sake of it. Often it can change the flow and feel of the entire piece you are writing. So do you have any tips for copywriting? Please share your content marketing comments in the section below or on Twitter.