Exhibitions may seem expensive, but they are the perfect opportunity for one-to-one networking. Interacting with local businesses can make all the difference where quite literally you can put a face to a name. You have one chance to get it right – so make the most of your investment.
Here are top 10 tips to get the most out of exhibitions.
1. Choose the right one – do your research and make sure you exhibit where the right people will attend.
2. Make an impact – maximise your presence, use innovative ideas to attract visitors to your stand.
3. Promote in advance – get in contact with the organiser’s marketing team to optimise the opportunity of making contacts in advance.
4. List on website – promote your stand on your website and invite businesses to meet you.
5. Pre-book – aim to set up meetings or one-to-one demos in advance for the day.
6. Check prospects – do your homework and check to see if your hot prospects are going, arrange to meet.
7. Best showman – choose the staff that are enthusiastic and passionate about your business to man your stand.
8. Capture contacts – record contact details at the stand, incentivise visitors to exchange their details.
9. Follow-up – be prepared to build relationships and follow-up contacts your met on the day.
10. After the event – do a follow-up blog, share your experience on the social networks.
Above all, make the effort to do it right and make the most of the opportunity to generate more business.
We want to hear your ideas and experiences about exhibitions, share them in the comments section below or on Twitter.