Exhibiting can seem daunting, particularly if you have invested significant time and money to promote your brand. Here’s a helpful timeline of to-dos to make the show a success.
Countdown to the show
1. 12 weeks – complete registration forms for the organisers and if they have one, sign in to their portal to complete your online listing and to receive updates and reminders.
2. 10 weeks – start your own marketing with a focus on social media and ensure you have submitted your entry for the show guide.
3. 9 weeks – begin an email campaign mentioning your stand number, include banners in your email signature and distribute a press release to your key contacts.
4. 8 weeks – complete order forms for your stand and equipment; these are usually accessed from the show portal and ensure you are on schedule by checking information sheets online.
5. 6 weeks – create your own project plan for the show days and agree within your team measurable objectives for the sales, prospects and contacts you aim to achieve.
6. 5 weeks – continue with your email campaign to promote your attendance at the show and consider sending personalised invites.
7. 4 weeks – check if there are upgraded resources from the organisers to help generate attendance and make sure you complete name badges on time.
8. 2 weeks – change messaging for your email campaign to focus on communicating special show promotions or offers, continue to send more invites to meet you.
9. Day before – set up your stand, resolve any administration issues before the show opens.
10. Show day – ensure your stand is continually manned and co-ordinate with your team to take time to walk the show and distribute flyers.
This is a simple guide to ensure you make the most of your presence at the show. Why not share your top tips to make the most of exhibiting at a show below or on Twitter.