Velocity Laws – the seven new laws for a world gone mad, is must-read for any new Startup and hungry entrepreneur. Authors are Stefan Olander, VP of Digital Sport from Nike, and Ajaz Ahmed chairman of the world’s largest digital agency. This book offers you a mind-set and tools to create a better future for your business.
Here’s our top 10 quotes that stand out for us (in no particular order!).
1. ‘Have the balls to make the calls’ – use judgement and intuition not to hang back and wait for that business car crash to happen.
2. ‘Don’t just give people choice help them to choose’ – be one step ahead thinking for your customers.
3. ‘Recognise a clean straight line to the customer’ – create a product or service that makes people’s lives easier and more fun.
4. ‘Inspire a culture of strong values, learning, delivery and service’ – identify the doers and make sure it gets done.
5. ‘Nobody cares what you say you do until you show that you do it’ – make it happen and act fast.
6. ‘You can’t improve what you can’t measure’ – you need a clear sense of direction, define clear metrics, execute and deliver.
7. ‘It’s not about the content, it’s about the vibe’ – bring your product or service to life and ensure it’s truly engaging.
8. ‘Don’t be a backseat driver, but do know when to take the wheel’ – step up and take responsibility at the right time and right place.
9. ‘Make everything useful, useable and delightful’ – continually modify your product to define a new business environment.
10. ‘Have attention to details. Every detail’ – treat your company as a product that could always be improved.