Content Marketing is quite simply any marketing communication that involves sharing and publishing content to acquire new customers. It involves a dedicated resource to produce fresh and engaging information that is original and relevant to your customers and website visitors. It’s really all about storytelling and distributing that information.
Here’s our top 10 content marketing tips.
1. News – update your website with regular news items, new wins, latest developments.
2. Video – these create a buzz and are great to embed: YouTube and Vimeo.
3. White papers – statistics, research recently published – add your insight to these findings.
4. Ebooks – if you read these, review them and share to benefit others.
5. Infographics – and diagrams are useful tools to help understand complex information simply.
6. Case studies – create these about your own customers and share your business successes.
7. How tos – the classic top tips and lists that are simplified and easy to use.
8. Q&As – anticipate what your customers want to find out more about and publish before they ask.
9. Slideshare presentations – create these in short snappy slides and publish to a wider audience.
10. Social Media – share your content on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon, Reddit and other social sharing websites
By spending time finding and enhancing content – and sharing it on social networks – you’ll build value in your brand. This, quite simply, increases reasons to re-visit, refer and interact. Share your content marketing comments in the section below or on Twitter.