If you are a member of LinkedIn you’ll know it gives a wealth of opportunities to connect and communicate globally. And with over 450 million users on LinkedIn and over 20 million members in the UK alone, it’s attracting more than two new members per second.
Here are our top ten insights about LinkedIn
1. Total users – there are 450 million users in 200 countries, 13% of members use it once a day and LinkedIn have a goal to reach 3 billion.
2. New members – LinkedIn is adding two members per second with on average 97 million unique visitors a month and the average monthly time spent by a user is 17 minutes.
3. What happens – influential users build their business and professional contacts into an secure online network and by adding a photo to your profile makes you 36 times more likely to receive a message.
4. Invite only – it has a ‘gated access approach’ where you need an existing connection to link to another user, once joined members will receive status updates and access to their contact details; LinkedIn members had 45 billion page views in Q1 2016.
5. Company pages – there are 4 million company pages and 81% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for their new product launches, you can list your range of products and services (via Showcase Pages) and share promotions, news and content too.
6. Content growth – 100 million users access the site on a monthly basis and more than 1 million members have published content on LinkedIn.
7. User engagement – the best day and time to post on LinkedIn for engagement is Tuesday between 10 and 11am and the best time to post for shares is between 10am and 2pm and LinkedIn will be integrating with Yahoo mail.
8. LinkedIn Pulse – LinkedIn Today highlights the most popular updates on specific topics, you can keep informed and find content to share with your network,
also available as a mobile app.
9. Groups on LinkedIn – there are separate community discussion areas created to discuss and share information around topics relevant to your business interests.
10. Profile page – this is your home page where they can summarise career and information; there are ‘public’ and ‘private settings’; 56% of LinkedIn users are male.
LinkedIn can be great traffic driver for your business and you can continually refine and update your personal and company profiles to encourage more click throughs.
alexandrapatrick provides original, cost-effective strategic marketing services in Kent, UK. alexandrapatrick has particular experience and expertise in digital marketing, copywriting, marketing consultancy and location/destination marketing.